Youth Pastor Needed
Youth Pastor Vacancy announcement for
The Formosan Christian Church of Dallas
The Formosan Christian Church of Dallas (FCCD) was established in 1978. Our purpose is to continue the mission of sharing Gospels and strengthen the faith of Taiwanese immigrants. Our congregations consist of first generation immigrants and the subsequent generations. FCCD is located in Plano, Texas. It is a non-denominational church of around 210 regular members across three Sunday services:
English Worship Service, which blends contemporary and traditional worship programs, serves families, young professionals, college students, high school students and middle school students (averaging 45 attendees)
Taiwanese Worship Service serves recent and long-time immigrants (averaging 135 regular attendees)
Children's Worship Service features special programs for children (averaging 45 attendees)
Duties of the Youth Pastor
1. Perform all of the spiritual duties of his or her office as an Associate Pastor and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, shall have the freedom of the pulpit.
2. Conduct bible study, cell group and discipleship training for high school and middle school students.
3. Plan and develop outreach ministry to the local communities.
4. Attend the congregational, the Board of Directors and the Deacons meetings.
5. Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings, report to and coordinate efforts with the Senior Pastor and plan church events.
6. Oversee the budget and financial decisions for the youth ministry for high school and middle school students.
7. Have a good working understanding of the Taiwanese culture and be able to work with the Taiwanese church leaders.
8. Be able to relate and communicate with people, build personal relationships with the members and help nurture members in their faith.
9. Perform other duties as may be requested by the church leaders and congregation.
1. A person meeting the conditions stated in 1 Timothy 3:1‑13, Titus 1:5‑9 and 1 Peter 5:1‑3, agreeing with the faith of the Church and willingness to observe FCCD's bylaws.
2. A person who has devotion, goals, vision, and abilities to provide spiritual leadership.
3. A person who has graduated from an accredited theological seminary with a master’s degree in divinity, or a person who has practical experience in ministries of the church.