Affirmation of the Faith
1. We believe the Bible is God’s Word, fully and uniquely inspired, and that it is absolutely trustworthy and has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe in the one, true and living God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator and Sustainer of all.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. He fulfilled the requirements of the law of His sinless life, and made atonement for sin through His blood. He was raised bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will return personally according to His promise.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Godhead, who is of one substance, equal in power, and co-existent with the Father and the Son. He affects God’s work of salvation among man, and is present and active in the Church in accord with God’s Word.
5. We believe that in Adam all man have fallen and are sinners in need of God’s salvation.
6. We believe that penitent sinners are regenerated solely by God’s grace and justified through faith in Jesus Christ.
7. We believe that those justified are also sanctified by the Holy Spirit and thereby enabled to live a holy life.
8. We believe that there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to eternal life, and of the unjust to eternal punishment.
9. We believe that the Church is one body, consisting of those regenerated by the Spirit of God and of which Christ is the Head, expressing itself in worship, fellowship and service.