Position Description for Youth Director
Formosan Christian Church of Dallas Plano, TX
Youth Director of the Formosan Christian Church of Dallas
The full-time Youth Director offers students the opportunity to initiate and/or deepen their personal relationships with Jesus Christ. The mission of the Youth Program is to develop and nurture the Christian faith, values and spirituality of students in the church community in the age groups of junior high and senior high (grades 6th- 12th).
The Youth Director shall report directly to the Senior Pastor and be accountable to the Session. The Youth Director will also work very closely with the Associate Pastor coordinating the English pastor and Christian Education program insuring continuity as the children transition to the Youth programs.
Youth Programs -100%
• Oversight of Junior High and Senior High youth programs. These programsinclude worship, spiritual development, education, fellowship, discipleship, evangelism , missions,leadership training and affirmation of youth and support of parents of youth.
• Plan, provide and coordinate leadership and curriculum for all youth activities.These may include Junior and Senior High Sunday Youth Fellowship, weekly Bible Studies/Small Groups, Sunday school, Mission Trips, various outings, and trips.
• Ensure that all communications (newsletter, postcard, email，etc.) are delivered in a timely manner.
• Attend Sunday worship services and special events at FCCD.
• Train, recruit and support lay leaders and delegate responsibilities to them.
• Follow-up with observations，instructions and encouragement.
• Coordinate programs and activities with other FCCD programs and ministries such as youth choir, Christian Education, worship services and special church events.
• Ensure that all youth activities are adequately supervised by approved，responsible adults, according to FCCD guidelines.
• Develop positive relationships with parents of youths participating in the Youth Program and partner with them to enhance the impact of the ministry.
• As time permits, participate in the lives of the youths at FCCD and the local community by attending school and educational events, sporting events, theater and musical programs, and social events not sponsored by FCCD.
• Attend FCCD staff meetings and meetings of the Christian Education Ministry.
Education and Experience:
The Youth Director must:
• Have a Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited institution.
• Have experience building a Youth program.
• Be able to meet the FCCD Child Protection Policy requirements.
• Have a sound base of biblical knowledge and FCCD statement of faith.
• Counseling skills preferable.
• Have strong inspirational speaking skills.
The Youth Director must:
• Be an energetic, committed Christian who is a confirmed member of the
• FCCD, or holds beliefs in accordance with FCCD statement of faith.
• Be a Christian role model for youth to help develop leadership qualities and personal development.
• Be able to recruit, train, encourage, support and coach volunteer teams of lay ministers.
• Have good administrative and creative abilities to plan and facilitate the 參 programs.
• Have good communications skills, both personally and publicly.
• Have the ability to build personal relationships with the youth of the church
• as well as provide discipline and structure
Required application documentation:
- Personal testimony of own salvation and calling
- 3 references (minimum of 1 from a person you reported to)
- 3 Sermons via YouTube link or other mediums
Procedure for Candidacy: