English Pastor Search – Job Announcement
Full time Associate Pastor Lead English Ministry
Formosan Christian Church of Dallas (FCCD) is an evangelical non-denomination church with 2 congregations (English and Taiwanese which has the biggest congregation) under the same roof, totaling close to 250 people of all ages. Currently, the English congregation holds joint worship service for youths and adults, with average attendance around 50 people.
- Possess an M.Div. degree or equivalent from formal theological education from a seminary of the evangelical tradition.
- Has experience in lay/pastoral capacities, serving in a church or other Christian ministry for at least 3 years combined
- Good understanding of the culture and dynamics of a church with different language congregations
- Has demonstrated gifts and enthusiasm in motivating and building up a matured leadership team
- High proficiency in the English language (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Clear calling to full-time pastoral ministry.
- Has experience in serving in a team leadership church setting, with ability in working together with the leadership in terms of common vision and mission, and can submit and commit to the decision of the church leadership
- Experience growing up or serving in Taiwanese or Chinese churches in North America (a plus)
- Ability to work well with, and provide leadership to lay leaders
- Experience in pulpit ministry for English speaking congregation, in accurate Bible exposition and application of the biblical teaching in daily life
- Experience working in multicultural ministry, with diverse background of participants, and ability to meet their needs and help them grow spiritually
- Agree to the Statement of Faith of our church and to abide by the church’s Bylaws and policies
Generally, oversee all aspects of the overall English ministry
- Preaching, teaching and discipleship training
- Preach sermon in the Sunday worship; teach Sunday Bible classes; conduct Bible studies, give workshops and seminars on theological doctrines; discipleship; leadership recruitment, training and equipping; provide spiritual leadership in the English ministry
- Be the principal preacher to the English congregation
- As long as there is joint worship service with the youth, preach messages that are understandable and applicable to the youths as well as adults
- Provide vision and leadership for the English ministry, formulate plans and programs for the materialization of such vision, and facilitate their implementation
- Develop strategies to strengthen fellowship groups and to help nurture and build up members’spiritual maturity
- Caring and nurturing
- Provide pastoral care, regular visitation; counseling to those suffering from personal or family crisis; form caring teams; mentoring believers for spiritual growth.
- As a minimum, visit regular members of the English congregation at least once a year
- Evangelism & Mission
Promote evangelism and outreach; help members to be mission-minded and encourage participation in missions.
- Administration & Others
- Provide monthly ministry reports to the Deacons; and attend their meetings on a regular basis, keeping them fully informed of the general progress in the English ministry and any new initiative, seeking appropriate approval, when required
- Participate in pastoral staff meetings; attend church leadership meetings
- Report to the Senior Pastor
- All other related ministerial duties
Required application documentation:
- Personal testimony of own salvation and calling
- 3 references (minimum of 1 from a person you reported to)
- 3 Sermons via YouTube link or other mediums
Procedure for Candidacy: